[3830] CQWW SSB KE3X M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenke3x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KE3X M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 00:46:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X K3ADN
Station: KE3X

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC

  160:    3     1        3
   80:    9     5        9
   40:   33    12       26
   20:  166    26       77
   15:  114    24       52
   10:  225    25       80
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My XYL had a European trip this week so I stayed at home with the boys, and of
course we fit in some radio between chores and athletic events.   My 14-year
old son Aidan, K3ADN came down to the shack for a while, clicking spots and
hitting the buttons on the DVK.   He liked the 'game' aspect of CQWW, seeing
our score go up when we got a RED mult (country) or GREEN mult (zone/country).
But he was a little overwhelmed by the QRM and had trouble copying the foreign
accents and getting the timing right on transmitting, listening, whether the
other station needed a repeat, etc.   I realized maybe a slow domestic contest
would have been better training, but CQWW was definitely fun.   Also did one
shift at NN3W's Multi-Single on Saturday AM with some nice runs on 10-meters.
I am growing fond of CQWW Phone - very enjoyable weekend overall.  73 and thanks
for the QSO's

Ken KE3X and Aidan K3ADN