[3830] JARTS N2FF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] JARTS N2FF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:00:54 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: East Williston, NY

   80:    0     0
   40:   46    25
   20:  178    62
   15:  178    66
   10:  241    66
-------------------
Total:  643   219  Total Score = 391,791

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

JARTS 2013 had conditions beyond fantastic.  Licensed for 50 years and a RTTY
contester since 1965, it’s probably the best conditions I ever experienced on
15 and 10 with low power.  Saturday was better than Sunday when I had very high
noise levels.   Sorry for the many stations who called that I was unable to
copy in the noise.   I hope the CQWW SSB has similar conditions as my fifteen
year old granddaughter, NY2GB �" Georgia, will be operating the station.
She needs only 4 more countries for DXCC mixed.
In all I managed to work 44 JA stations in all but the 6th district.  The
amazing thing is that I was able to work every JA station I saw spotted.  Mine
is no super station with multiple linears and stacks.  I have only a 4 element
quad on an 18 foot boom as 40 feet and 100 watts.  Yes, I have a number of
linears but none of them are currently working.  The last year has been spent
recovering from hurricane Sandy and getting my antennas back in order.
I had to quit early to travel into NYC for an off Broadway play, a drama about
an LI family post 9/11.  It was a very worthwhile experience so I don’t feel
too bad about missing the last four hours.