[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE4EAR SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE4EAR SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 03:09:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

   80:   42       24       7     7
   40:  200       41      40    17
   20:  130       32      57    25
   15:  177       28      55    24
   10:   65        4      39    20
------------------------------------
Total:  614      129     198    93  Total Score = 635,460

This contest almost made me cry. Conditions seemed so good whenever I was on but
I just couldn't stay in the chair. My XYL's birthday meant a lot of preparation
during the day on Saturday and most of Sunday. I did manage to steal away a few
moments here and there to enjoy hearing Europe on 10m! First time in quite a
while.

Even 40m in the evenings was great into zones 14/15/16 and 20. A highlight was
being called by A65BP on 40m. Another treat was working Japan for the first
time on 80m rtty. Anybody that knows my 80m noise level and the limited antenna
space would appreciate that achievement. And to boot it was perfect print both
ways first time.

This sounded like it would have been amazing to put a full effort into this
one. Maybe next year (sigh)

Ed
VE4EAR