[3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:30:51 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8IR/M
Operator(s): K8IR KG9GH
Station: K8IR/M

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP
QTH: MI

   80:   22
   40:  390     15
   20:  238     19
   15:    5      1
   10:
--------------------
Total:  655     25  CW Mults = 74  Ph Mults = 20  Total Score = 125,490

It was a beautiful, sunny day in the UP. One of the few this non-spring.
Reports of 3 feet of snow still on the ground in the Keweenaw are true. Some
impressive snow piles for the end of April.  But the roads were excellent the
whole route.  Can't say the same for the power lines. There were plenty of deer
after sunset, but it was a bird that seemed determined to fly into the
windshield that had Eric on the brakes. It turned out to be a near miss.

40 and 20 were rocking, except for the time right around sunset when we were at
the eastern end of our route and suddenly it seemed like we drove into a black
hole, and the rate dropped for LUCE and MACK.  We went with a minimal 80 meter
antenna on the truck bed this year, and had a hard time getting much attention
there.  But 40 kept us plenty busy in the darkness.

Eric did another fine job navigating, and we actually were back in Menominee 25
minutes before the end.  So we motored around town while putting a few more in
the log.

Worked a UA9.  I believe that's a new continent for MIQP.

Thanks to everyone who called in, including our DX friends.

73
Jim K8IR
Eric KG9GH

County Breakdown: