[3830] WPX SSB NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, edsawyer@sbelectronics.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 03:32:10 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NV1N
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vermont
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was a lot of fun.  While it was not the conditions I
was hoping for for the top of the sunspot cycle, it was still my
second highest ever score.  Hard to complain on that.

Obviously, Friday night was very disturbed on the Low Bands and
instead of &quot;bulking up&quot; on USA Qs on 20M, I decided to slug it
out as best I could on 40 and then call it quits early in the
hopes that Saturday and Sunday would be better.  And they were,
although didn't get pretty good until Sunday.

The activity was very good.  Good stream of USA and EU callers.
Even some South America runs on 10M.  10M never opened to EU
from here.  Surprisingly, 80M wasn't bad on Saturday night to
EU but the activity was poor.  I believe the relatively poor
conditions had people call it quits for the night early.

JA activity was poor for this contest as it has been for a
number of years.  4 in the log, all on 15M.  Got called by
VU, BY, UA0.  Always nice.

It still amazes me that I can actually run - splitting 100W
into EU and USA antennas at the same time.  Not all the time,
but sometimes it works and generates the best rate.

As I look at this contest vs last year (a personal best), I see that Qs were
down about 150 and prefixes by 35.  But significantly, the avg points per Q
was down from 2.76 to 2.56.  I believe this was almost all 6 pointers on 40
and 80 that did not happen in 2013.  The rest of the contest felt the same as
last year.

Thanks for the Qs.

73

Ed  N1UR/NV1N