[3830] WPX SSB GJ2A(M5RIC) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB GJ2A(M5RIC) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:03:52 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: GJ2A
Operator(s): M5RIC
Station: GJ2A

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH:

  160:    0
   80:    2

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

This was to be another small effort(high bands only) due to being out of the
loop for so long but I did make some changes since ARRL SSB to hopefully be
more productive and get some more qso's. Thanks to Jeff M0GTO and Olof G0CKV
for their loan of equipment for the trip - beers at HFC guys!

Disaster struck that I was causing problems to a local neighbour on his phone
and had to stop operating. The club is now working to solve the issues but this
meant I had very little operating time.

Saturday was terrible anyway in terms of band conditions, hardly any strong NA
signals until later on in the evening but some great signals from Asia and the
Pacific early morning.

Anyway, despite the problem, which was out of everyone's hands, thanks for the
Jersey club for hosting me once again and for the locals playing tour guide so
I didn't have a wasted trip.

It was the first use of my newly built K3, so at least I got to make a few
qso's and it seems to be working fine.

Next planned outing will be IOTA as SW8CC from Zante - hopefully a bit warmer
by then too!

Cheers

Rich M5RIC / GJ2A
www.m5ric.co.uk