[3830] WPX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentfae@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:49:04 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

TenTec Omni VII
Mutiband HexxBeam @ 25 feet
G5RV @ 30 feet

Conditions were lousy on Friday, better on Saturday and Sunday.  Only could
make  138 Qs Friday. Saturday was much better at 452, but Sunday was again bad
at only 98 Qs.  After the good day Saturday, I thought I would do well Sunday,
but it didn't happen.  It seemed to me that there was not nearly the
participation, either in the US or DX, that there was in the ARRL DX contest.
Ten meters was dead to the US on Friday and didn't open up to the US until late
on Saturday and Sunday.  As usual South America was always available on 10, but
I ran out of stations to work there each day.  I worked a few Europeans on
Saturday night and Sunday morning, but it did not seem that there were many of
the big guns on from there and they are the guys I can work with my modest
station.  My big thrill was working D4C on 80 meters given my only 100 watts
and G5RV at 30 feet.

Just saw that NH6V's score is about ten times mine!  It's hard to believe that
we were in the same contest, but it shows what superior skill and a
superstation to operate can do.  Congratulations to him and thanks also to
AK6W, KU6W, and WC6H for working me on five bands.

73 and Aloha,
Kent KH6CJJ