[3830] WPX SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:06:53 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: near Vancouver

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Despite a very slow and frustrating start on Friday afternoon and through most
of Saturday, my Q count is exactly the same as last year. Mults are down, and
so is score. But WPX is more than just numbers for me. I like the &quot;anyone
anywhere&quot; aspect of this contest because it means there's usually constant
activity even when conditions are poor. This time around, however, the first 24
hours were just awful. I thought, if this continues, I won't even get 300 Qs.
!!
Luckily, the situation took a turn for the better on Saturday evening and was
markedly better on Sunday. EU and JA magically appeared and there was lots of
activity from every direction.

To everyone who persevered through all that QRN and QRM to catch my call and
exchange and/or wait while I did the same during my run times, thanks so much.

In the end, this was another enjoyable contest with more smile-inducing moments
than grumbles.

See you all again soon.

Rebecca VA7BEC