[3830] WPX SSB ZM1G(ZL2HAM) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kiessig@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZM1G(ZL2HAM) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:54:58 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM1G
Operator(s): ZL2HAM
Station: ZM1G

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Nelson, NZ

  160:    1

Just got a dual-band inverted-L up for 80 and 160, making this my first true
&quot;all band&quot; contest ever, even though I only had one Q on 160.

Generally poor condx in ZL, although at least 10 was open for a while to JA and
US. 15 was weak much of the time, 40 was awful, and propagation to EU was
sporadic at best (it's usually very good for me). 20 was my most active band,
which is not typical.

Band crowding was much worse than in previous contests, for some reason, in
spite of the poor condx. Splatter / wide signals and poor modulation are also
continuing to get worse. Definitely takes some fun out of the contest.