[3830] ARRLDX SSB V26M(N3AD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3ad@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB V26M(N3AD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 05:22:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: V26M
Operator(s): N3AD
Station: V26B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: V2

  160:   88    29
   80:  481    57
   40:  873    58
   20: 2287    60
   15: 1089    60
   10: 2148    59
-------------------
Total: 6966   323  Total Score = 6,749,085

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

As many of you know the V26B station was destroyed in a fire in November which
destroyed the shack and all of the inside radio equipment.  I am grateful to
all of the members of the Team Antigua community who helped put this station
back on the air and particularly Brian/N3OC, Dale/N3BNA and Sam/WT3Q. Bud/AA3B
came here in November, only a few days after the fire, and somehow got a
station on for CQWW CW. Imagine trying to make a competitive score but having
to go outside to change or rotate antennas. Bud's effort was truly heroic and
has inspired those of us who follow to deal with the lesser challenges that
remain. Bud's score in that contest speaks for itself.

Information on Team Antigua and the rebuilding of the V26B station can be found
on the Team Antigua homepage at
http://n3oc.dyndns.org/v26b/

I am grateful to our host Roy/V21N who did everything possible to get this
station back on the air. Roy not only lost the station but also lost his home.
It was only good fortune that he did not lose his life.

Roy went the extra mile this week to deal with some remaining issues, and
helping me with some additional touches to get the station up to my likings.
Roy has been a great host this week, not only in sharing his (temporary) home,
but helping me in every way. To do this, he has postponed his return to Florida
where his wife is and where he receives medical treatment.