[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2WN SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2WN SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 18:21:52 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:   53    22
   10:  480    76
-------------------
Total:  480    76  Total Score = 109,440

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I5KAP was the neatest QSO, he reported his power as 500 MILLIWATTS and he was
louder than some of the KWs I worked at the same time.

Many excellent QRP signals, many distorted signals too. Still many who need to
check the DVK output versus live transmissions.

FR, OD and ZD were the neatest DX, but happy to work everyone. The band had
action up to 28800 at times.

With the spotlight effect in force, sometimes adjacent signals got HUGE and
made for hard copy of other signals from the same direction. People need to
remember not to ASSUME the other guy got the exchange. Some meaningful form of
acknowledgement is important. Unfortunately there will be a few NILs from me,
due either to someone disappearing, or just lack of verification. I worked
several dupes, and I'm still surprised when folks would rather discuss the fact
that you "worked before at such and such a time" versus just quickly working the
person "again". Although, I have to say one such exchange saved me from at least
one busted call and lost multiplier. I did appreciate that!

At least worked or heard a few from Russia and the Ukraine, but pretty light
from that neck of the world. It was neat to hear the band almost pop open to
EU.

Very strong opening into the Pacific Sunday afternoon, worked more KH6 and ZL
than usual, but no VK or oddities. Nothing heard from JA, too bad.

73,
Julius
n2wn
"a boy and his K3"

For the time I had, quite pleased with my band choice. Thanks for all the nice
QSOs and fun time.