[3830] ARRLDX CW W8KTQ SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daleb365@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W8KTQ SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:40:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W8KTQ
Operator(s): W8KTQ
Station: W8KTQ

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): .1

   10:   1     1
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 3

Club: DELARA Contest Team

Comments:

There's a story behind my one and only contact! My wife and I were on a
Caribbean cruise for the entire week of 2/10. One of the stops was Grand Caymen
where Eden (ZF1EJ) was kind enough to give me a tour of his fine station. John
(K6AM) was also there getting ready for this contest. We returned home Sunday
afternoon (the 17th) with only a couple of hours remaining in the contest. John
said he would probably be on 40 late Sunday so when I finally got down to the
shack, I tuned around for him for about 5 minutes. Not hearing him, I decided
to get on the Reverse Beacon and see where he was. I found him on 10M at
28.030, gave him one call, worked him and with only minutes remaining, decided
that was good enough, and quit! First time I was ever able to visit a DX
station and turn around and work it a few days later in the same contest. Great
fun! Thanks Eden and see you again in April!