[3830] ARRLDX CW K8GU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ethan@k8gu.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K8GU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:49:37 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD

  160:    0     0
   80:  114    51
   40:  128    58
   20:  252    64
   15:  221    62
   10:   52    30
-------------------
Total:  767   265  Total Score = 605,790

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was a good bit of fun although conditions were "average" at best and I
really didn't get to run for more than hour or two of prime EU run time in the
mornings.  Matt, KB9UWU (aka WR9D) lent me his "spare" amp, an AL-80B.  (I know
he's trying to get me hooked on QRO at home so I buy a KPA500.)  Unfortunately,
my station is pretty hardwired for automated LP SO2R and squeezing the amp into
the setup would have required major rewiring.  Instead, I just moved a coax
jumper from band-to-band and used one radio.

Antennas:

80: 1/4-wave vertical, EWE RX
40: dipole at 10m high broadside SE/NW
20: dipole at 15m high broadside E/W
15: dipole at 5m high broadside NE/SW
10: dipole at 9m high rotable

Inside:
K3/100, AL-80B at ~600 watts, TR4W software

Thanks for the QSOs and 73,

--Ethan, K8GU/3.
http://www.k8gu.com/

40-10 will be getting significantly upgraded this spring/summer.