[3830] ARRLDX CW NA2U SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cwman1@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NA2U SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:27:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NA2U
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: NA2U

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 29:41

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:  154    61
   20:   76    43
   15:  207    66
   10:  113    43
-------------------
Total:  552   215  Total Score = 356,040

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Icom Pro-III, AL-80B, 800w to a ground-mounted Bravo 5 vertical dipole on
20/15/10m and Alpha Delta DXCC 80-10m dipole at 58" high (almost like
ground-mounted).  This dipole has also been alternately referred to as the
'crap' dipole or the 'miracle' dipole.

Score is 2,544 more points than last year, 9 more countries, with 20 less Qs
scored in 1:44 more time this year than last.

Keen observers will note the two countries worked on 80m.  These were ZF2AM on
Friday night and TI5W on Saturday.  I have no idea why I thought I could work
any DX outside of AZ with this set-up on 80m but there you have it.  These two
stations are my only 5-banders in this test, and the only five-banders I've had
in over 3 years here.

To sum it up:  Saturday = fun.  Sunday = not so much fun.

Phone DX contests with this setup are not for the faint of heart.  Nothing like
this will happen in two weeks.

73 from the desert and thanks to all who pulled out my weak signal,

Fred/NA2U