[3830] NA Sprint CW K8BL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8bl@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8BL LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 09:05:35 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

   80:   44    1.25
   40:   42    1.25
   20:   41     1.5
---------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: NCC/MRRC Central

Comments:

First time doing a Sprint & had a good bit of fun. Did mostly CQ'ing
until I got used to the flow of things. After a couple hours I realized
my CT-WIN was smart enough to know if I CALLED CQ or ANSWERED one and
automatically put my Call at the beginning or end of the response as
needed. Cool!

Speaking of software, mine decided to be under Murphy's control instead
of mine! Often, it would insert the Call of the new station I worked in
place of the Call of the previous QSO (??!!). When I saw that and went
up and fixed it, the program crashed!! This probably happened over 20
times before I found a way to stop it. I'd put in a bogus Call like ZZZ
and then wipe it out. That prevented the glitch. However, I'd forget to
to do it and the crash would happen. So, I had to manually write down
each Call I worked in case I forgot who it was. That really kills any
kind of rate!!!

So, in spite of the torture from CT-WIN, I stuck it out for the whole
four hours since I had committed to it and wanted to provide a halfway
decent score for the Team. I GOTTA find new software if I'm ever going
to do Sprint again. Anybody know a Contest Program that looks and works
a lot like CT?????

Whenever I got to a Band it had gone long. Only worked CT & MA in 1-Land
and never worked KY, IN or IL. Finally got MI with 15 minutes to go! Seems
like this Contest favors the West Coasters for a change.