[3830] ARRL 160 KH7X(@KH6YY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we9v@qth.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KH7X(@KH6YY) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:06:56 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KH7X
Operator(s): KH6ND WE9V K9PG
Station: KH6YY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 216  Sections = 61  Countries = 1  Total Score = 26,970

I agree with Lloyd KH6LC when he said "...this one was BRUTAL.
While signals seemed strong enough, our static crashes ran S7
to S9 almost continuously."  And from the middle of an ocean,
thousands of miles from the mainland, most signals aren't that
strong, so pulling out each and every station was a struggle.
I thought the man-made QRN from my WI QTH was bad, but this
was worse, compounded by the weakened signals.

Okay, enough complaining.  It was great to spend another
two weeks on the island.  This effort was almost entirely
the first night.  Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, and
apologies if it took forever to pull your call/exchange
out of the QRN, or didn't hear you at all.  Maybe next
time.  The antennas worked great, thanks to tons of modeling
by Mike, and only a little wiring up of the "Chad Box".
Thanks for the honor, Mike.

And another gigantic thank you to Alex and Michelle for
their hospitality, even in their absence.

MELE KALIKIMAKA!

73,
Chad WE9V