[3830] ARRL 10 8P2K(8P6SH) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 8P2K(8P6SH) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:11:44 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: 8p

   CW:    0     0
  SSB:  417    66
-------------------
Total:  417    66  Total Score = 55,044

Thanks to all the stations that worked me during the contest. It proved
impossible to stay in the chair for any length of time after a great start
early in the first couple hours of the contest. Saturday was a bummer as an
unexpected work issue came up and that kept me away all day.

Was up early on Sunday hoping for some solid propagation into EU. Just around
1300z the band opened to Eu and worked DK1A to get things going but a couple
other matters kept me out of the chair most of the day and when I got back into
the shack propagation had dried up.

It was interesting to work a couple JA's at around 00:30z on the long path but
never heard any VK's or ZL all week-end until about 15 minutes before the end
when I managed to snare one of each. Never felt like I was putting out a strong
signal all week-end - maybe need more elements on 10m.

The SA stations seemed to have propagation to everywhere. Even into USA they
were working stations that just did not register at my station.

Look forward to next year because the conditions have to be better..

73's, Dean - 8P2K/8P6SH