[3830] CQWW CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 13:45:35 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Mazotos

   10: 1577    34      115
------------------------------
Total: 1577    34      115  Total Score = 600,134

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

I am not really up for 48 hour efforts these days but unless there is an
improvement  in solar activity that will allow some darkness qrv I will not do
a 10 mtr single band again, 17 useful hours of the 20 hours I put in over the
weekend was just not enough! South America with the benefit of summer cndx will
walk away with all the 10mtr titles for sure, not sour grapes, just stating
facts.

Cndx were better first day, in fact the band opened almost 1 hour ahead of
usual at 0545 local time but it closed more than 2 hours ahead of the norm and
was gone before my sunset! I did manage to scratch a few SA's early evening but
second day there was zilch after sunset!

On the bright side I was pleased to be able to run without being elbowed aside
at any stage and delighted with low power to make almost 600 q's in a 4 hour
run on saturday. The payoff for that was I ran Eu too long anticipating the
usual couple of hours s&p crack ar carrib/usa when Eu faded out. That never
happened as the early band closure took me by surprise, guess I haven't done
enough qrv up there lately to know that!, consequence was I was short on mlts
to the west and didn't catch up enough second day.

Is it my imagination or are these cluster piles getting worse?,  to me they
seemed to be completely out of hand. I cannot count the number I gave up on,
mainly because the pile never shut up long enough to even hear the c/s of the
dx stn, just continuous calling, then again when I did hear the dx he wasn't
signing anyway!

Pac dx was great,as was far Asia & Oceana. Apart from zone 34 (was anybody
there?) my missing zones were all to the west,  zones 1, 2, 3, 6, & 40. I did
hear z2 but he was very weak here, I guess most Northerly stns had a tough time
on this band.

There was a great reduction in the number of dirty and wide sinals this time, I
think guys are getting the message.

One final comment :- to the guy who appeared on my run qrg Sunday afternoon
using my callsign calling 'CQ Test' - Get a life! I didn't hear him work anyone
but if he did and you are not in my log, my apologies.

73  Brian C4Z/ 5B4AIZ.