[3830] SS CW KY4F SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KY4F SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 18:57:09 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F
Station: KY4F

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Alabama

  160:    0

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

To paraphrase Shakespeare.... How can I screw up Sweepstakes?  Let me count the
ways...

I got behind in my pre-contest setup, but figured, what the heck.... it all
worked the last time I tried it.  So with the start looming I loaded up N1MM,
checked the message buffers, hit the F1 Key and.... nothing.  No keying.  Panic
sets in quickly.  Finally had to text K4TD for some tech assistance.  Luckily he
knew the solution to the problem.  First Q in the log at 21:46:55.  Off to a
great start!

Next a passing thunder storm forced a 60 minute shutdown of the station.
Frustrating, but at least not my fault!

Hit the rack at 0130 local and set the alarm for 0600.  Of course, I forgot the
time change resulted in loosing another hour of op time!

I'm only good for about 19 to 20 hours of op time anymore and the three issues
above cut me down to 16!  Oh well.  Still, great fun.

Special thanks (prayers and best wishes) to you folks up in the New Jersey, New
York area for getting on the air this weekend.  Sandy couldn't keep you down!
Obviously there are more important things than Sweepstakes going on up there.
Glad to see so many of you on the air.  Hopefully your lives will be back to
normal soon.

73s to all and thanks for the Q's

Doug
KY4F