[3830] IARU N4WW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ww@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N4WW M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 07:59:23 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): N4WW
Station: N4WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: apopka,fl

  160:   26      0      6        5
   80:   54     24     16       23
   40:  125     27     25       34
   20:  213     25     30       40
   15:   96     54     33       44
   10:   31     19     16       14
-------------------------------------
Total:  545    149    126      160  Total Score = 529,100

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I really like this contest once I get started but I dont prep for it or look
forward to it, hence a poor effort. The world wide format like arrl 10 meter
contest gives this the feel of a real dx contest. The first few years this
contest was started we did a good multi op effort and usually placed in top
three each year. Need to go back to that maybe for next 2-3 years while the
spots are shining down.

Lots of great ops at HQ stations in europe that makes this contest so much fun.
John w4ix comments about throwing wires into the trees at night and working
almost all the euros on 80/40 is a testament to their great operating and good
signals on all bands.

Conditions were really weird as the disturbed prop hit full force early Sunday
morning. The flutter was unbelieveable on 40 meter signals. I was lucky to work
JA as the signals were very distorted. No other war stories except e21eic with
his great signal came through about 1600z here on 15. A couple UP/UN stations
and AT1HQ in India made that funny over the pole opening from 1600-1700 z fun.
Lots of BY stations on 15 and some on 20 but couldnt get my signal heard to BY
on 40 with disturbed conditions.

Good scores from contest gurus k5kg and ad4z and also k0luz,n4uu,k9om,wd4ahz
with nice efforts.

73 doc n4ww