[3830] ARRL FD W7OTV 4A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W7OTV 4A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:18:41 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W7OTV
Operator(s): AD7OG, AD7TB, K2PO, K7CIE, K7HLH, K7KWT, K7TLJ, K7VDQ, KD7VIK,
KF7RXO, N7BF, N7IQM, NT7S, W6ABM, W8NF, WB7FJC, WI7N, WS7L
Station: W7OTV

Class: 4A LP
QTH: Buxton, OR

  160:
   80:   167   130
   40:   256   250      8
   20:   846   226
   15:   195    81     71
   10:
    6:          34
    2:           3
  222:
  432:           2
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1464   726     79  Total Score = 7,624

This is the group from Oregon Tualatin Valley ARC operating from our customary
site at Stub Stewart State Park. You never know what you'll get from an Oregon
June. We've done Field Day in 105 F temperatures, but this time we got 60 F and
rain. Portable car shelters kept us out of the elements, though the grass floors
became rivers at times. (Next year bring tarps!) But seeing the scores made it
worth slogging around with wet shoes for a couple days. This is by far our best
effort ever, and about 2/3 above last year's score. Much credit goes to K7JA,
who recently taught a seminar on easy-up antennas. I used his design for a full
sized 3-element Yagi on 20 meters, and made a wire Moxon for 15. Gain is good.

73 & thanks for the QSOs,
Carl WS7L on behalf of W7OTV.
2 x K3 (CW/Digital), 2 x 756 Pro III (SSB)