[3830] WPX CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 06:43:57 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 36.0

  160:    0

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First ever million point and better score. I want to thank John Baer, W6SL for
time in the pilot's seat over a 36 hour weekend. In sum, I'm pulverized after
Cycle 24 delivery of stellar RadioSport conditions, notably, a strong EU
over-the-pole path and a cascade of JA-stations going into the log on 40, 20,
and 15 meters. These two condition converged creating a lot of ham radio fun!

Started 15m and ended on 20m this weekend. First, my ears were not conditioned
enough when the 20m polar path in EU opened on Friday night. Combining
RadioSport WPM and flutter created a real task copying code inside the cans.
Also, I need to practice hearing high speed 'S', 'H', '5', to mention a few and
sending '8' to include more time at the level of conversational Morse code. I
believe this will help improve my WPM when the next event rolls around.

Likewise, I was not accustomed to EU prefixes and those took me by surprise
resulting a significantly embarrassing 20m situation late in the evening on
Saturday night.

Lastly, there is a lot to accomplish between today's results and the next CQ
WPX CW event. My goal is to be better and more efficient when this date rolls
around.

73, Scot KA3DRR

ICOM 756PRO
Alpha 89