[3830] WPX CW NR6O(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NR6O(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 18:06:42 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): K3EST N6BV N6RO NQ6N WA6O
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

   20: 1555
   15: 1895

IRON MAN performance by all! And we made 9 million more points than in 2011.

Problems in the first hour or so: discovered a broken 80m wire, had different
versions of N1MM on the four computers.  Fixed it all and was smooth for the
next 47 hours. Tnx to N6ML who helped me, by telephone, to set up the network.

Unusual condx: 20m was open all night to EU both nights. 15m was open to EU and
JA until 07Z. So we had a much higher % of EU than in any recent contests.
However, 10m was strange: all openings were toward the southern hemi, little
stateside and only 5 JAs (skew path). Only a few EU on 40m. 80m had little
activity and 160 was worse!

Tnx to the 980 JAs who called in!

SETUP: Four stations (one was SO2R on 80/160); five K3s, Alpha 76s, AL1200s;
N1MM logger.
Stacks on 40 thru 10m, two 2L loops and 4 SQ on 80, Wire 4 SQ on 160m