[3830] WPX SSB K6CSL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K6CSL SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 18:46:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28:41

  160:    0
   80:    2

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, this turned out 306 points more than my previous best WPX SSB of 30,600 in
2010. Friday night was good, with my having 41 Q's at my sleep break at 10:00Z
Saturday morning. At my early Sunday morning sleep break I had 97. I got on at
16:00Z Sunday morning and found 15M almost devoid of stations and with severe
atmospheric noise. I worked only 2 stations on 15 and moved to 10. 10 was worse
than 15, I only worked 1 station on 10 and moved on to 20M. 20 served up 7EU
contacts, along with what sounded like moderate to severe solar noise. I think
the Solar Flare early Friday morning, got to Sunday morning.
I finished with my last 16 contacts on 15M as it began to recover. I think the
most exciting event was hearing V55V(Namibia) on 15 on Saturday, but I was
unable to break the huge pile-up. The real pleasure was getting to work so many
different prefixes. Toward the end of the contest I was really concentrating on
making sure each contact was a new prefix, especially if it was a 2 or 3 point
value. Friday night on 40, 9 of my 11 contacts were 4 or 6 pointers. On
Saturday night 6 of my 10 contacts on 40 were 4 or 6 pointers, but all were in
new prefixes. Now I'm really looking forward to WPX CW in May.
Bert, K6CSL