[3830] Rus DX W1NN SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX W1NN SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 07:32:52 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:   14               2         0
   80:   43               9         0
   40:  148              32         6
   20:  171              48         8
   15:   56              15         1
   10:   45              11         0
Total:  477     0       117        15  Total Score = 232,584

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Terrible conditions, low power and nothing but dipoles for antennas suggest
either insanity or masochism.  Certainly it was frustrating to call so many
stations who simply could not hear me.  However, I actually enjoyed most of
this contest.  The rules are very interesting and the activity pretty good.  It
really helps that the contest starts at 8 AM on Saturday where I live.  I
donâ??t use Internet assistance at my station so I might have been at a slight
disadvantage, but most of the stations I would have found using such assistance
probably wouldnâ??t have heard me anyway, so maybe I didnâ??t lose much.

Highlights were working VK and ZL on 10, several JAâ??s on 15 after dark and
KH7X on 5 bands.  It was also fun to work UA0 on 40 during the first few
minutes of the contest for my first (of only 15) oblast.  Lowlights were no
propagation to Europe on 10 and 15 from Ohio, a high noise level on 20 and the
S9 static on 80 and 160.  I went to bed at 2:30 AM but was awakened by a
terrific thunderstorm and downpour around 6 AM so I got up and worked a few
more stations.  I spent much of the last 30 minutes trying to get through
RL1Aâ??s pileup on 20.  He was pretty loud but had plenty of loud Europeans to
work, so that was one of many mults I heard that did not make it into my log.

Hope conditions are better next year.

73, Hal W1NN