[3830] ARRLDX SSB K9JF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K9JF SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 17:03:52 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9JF
Operator(s): K9JF
Station: K9JF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WA

  160:    4     3
   80:   34    20
   40:  132    47
   20:  392    83
   15:  445    50
   10:  138    40
-------------------
Total: 1145   243  Total Score = 833,976

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was my first experience with a Low Power Entry in ANY DX contest so I did
not know what to expect.  I learned that the station performs in an awesome
manner!  Runs on both 15 to Asia and on 20 to Europe were beyond belief from
the Pacific Northwest, especially with 150 watts.  My ACOM's were jealous as
they were not involved in this effort!!!

I met my goal of >1,000 Q's but did not break the million point threshold.  The
big culprit was 15 meters.  A lack of Q's and Mult's did me in.  There were
wonderful JA runs in the early evenings.  But, where was Europe?  We had a
small teeny-tiney opening here in the Pacific Northwest around 20Z on Sunday
and I managed to work around 10 Europeans...  Ten meters was non-existent to
Africa and Europe and only marginal to Asia.  One-sixty and 80 were tough with
the low power.  But, the 4-Square works fine.  Slept through Caribbean sunrise
on both days so missed some pickings there.

This was my first ARRL DX test in years.  Always have hamfests and swap meets
that I have to attend.  And, my XYL is still speaking to me....I think!

73
Jim - K9JF