[3830] BARTG Sprint K4GMH SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint K4GMH SO Expert HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 06:21:37 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Radios: SO2R

   80:  166   166
   40:  306   306
   20:  302   302
   15:  346   346
   10:  216   216
-----------------
Total: 1336  1336  Mults = 79  Total Score = 632,316

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to BARTG for sponsoring the Sprint Contest
and its members who do all the administrative work.
Also, thanks to all who were kind enough to work
me.  All the QSOs are appreciated.

Bands were in okay condition.  Ten and 15 meters
were good on my end from just looking at the box
score.  The lower bands, 80 and 40 meters, did not
seem as good compared to other recent contests.
There were a few strong European signals on those
bands just not as many my memory seems to recall
from other contests.

Didn't put in as much time as should have.  Was still
feeling okay at 0600Z.  However, I've learned my
recovery time after a contest has been taking longer
and longer.  Also, the QSO rate was dropping off even
though I knew I could top my previous best QSO total
for the Contest. Unfortunately, the multiplier total was
sufficiently behind several previous Contest final
amounts at that time.  There was no way I could equal
or surpass those previous mult. totals in the remaining
six hours.  So off to take a few hours of sleep hopefully
to keep the after a 24 hour BIC contest recovery time a
bit shorter.

Okay, alarm set and it went off when it should.  However,
"Mike" wasn't ready to get up after the three hour "power nap":>)
Off with the alarm and next thing I saw was the Sun
shine coming through the window.

Still had a great time in the Contest.  Always nice to work
the many friends and regulars who participate.  Hope
you had as much fun.

Did have one in shack mishap.  While on ten meters, started
to smell the sickening sweet smell that accompanies an
over heated something.  Started looking around and saw
the power out had dropped to just a few Watts.  Figured
the homemade amp. took a hit after all the years of RTTY
contesting.  After a few minutes of testing, the problem
was a blown capacitor in the 10 meter W3NQN bandpass
filter.  Bypassing the filter and back on 10 meters.  Sorry
KI7MT for not being able to complete the 10 meter QSO.

Again, had fun and feel good (that is what
happens after a good nights sleep:>)

   73,
   Mike, K4GMH