[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dank7ss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:03:55 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 27

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .3

  160:   4      2
   80:
   40:  19     13
Total:  23     15  Total Score = 345

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

ooops..  looked up at the clock in the kitchen and it was 6:39....

did a lamans start, into the shack, and waited for what seemed forever for the
steppir to get down to 40 from 10m .. where i had been hanging out looking for
the HK0.

no log, no pencil, just work em..
fun to spend almost the whole time on 40.. got to hear the band empty out and
snag those so2r boys who kept an ear on the band while hunting 80..  plenty of
room no pileups..just Qs.. and even worked Todd from his home stn..  weak but
in there. (read your write up Todd, and now you know how the rest of us live
most thursday evenings.. :-)...low wires)

went to 160 w/ 5 minutes to go... and no one was home...so just sat and CQed..
finally the Locust showed up and called in, followed by other W6s,, including
W6YX mr. mork, running QRP and pounding in at the ESP level..    and finished
w/ NG7Z for the rare WA mult.
NOTE: my 160m Inv L, is now about a 110m inverted J... seems the recent ice
storm took its toll and pulled it loose from the support rope.. every day it
seems more of it is laying on the ground.. and I expect by this weekends CQ
test it will be a nice 80m length..  odd thing is, every day the SWR seems to
improve as it gets to be more of a pile of wire on the ground.. hmm)

sorry no log, so no idea as to mults..so score is APPROXIMATE.... but I did
copy every exchange and followed all the contest rules.. almost.

73
DanWa... will try to be on time next week..
K7SS