[3830] RTTY Roundup N4KG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N4KG M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:25:06 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG + PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALA

Total:  651  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 49  Total Score = 67,704

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This started out as a casual LP S&P effort until I would get tired of being
'bottom dog' in the DX pileups.  S&P on RTTY can be a bit Slow and Tedious so I
tried my hand at some runs which were Quite Enjoyable with the rate meter
peaking around 93.

Sunday morning on 40M was especially enjoyable with 60 Q's from 1300 to 1400Z,
20 of which were from JA (some of whom actually overrode the NA callers!) on my
corner fed Delta Loop (off the Null End to JA no less).  That Run, and catching
one of the Sunday Morning Talk Shows, pretty well cut into the only European
openings on the high bands.

(WHY does this event Start at Sunset in Western Europe on Saturday? I would
think that changing the operating times to 1200Z Saturday to 2400Z Sunday would
make this a much more enjoyable event from a multiplier / DX point of view).

Missed VT DC VE8 VE9 VO1 VO2 VY0 VY1 and Lots of EU

Tom N4KG in North Alabama