[3830] RTTY Roundup NR5M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NR5M M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:24:39 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M, KU5B
Station: NR5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Hempstead, TX

Total: 1932  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 78  Total Score = 260,685

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First full-bore RTTY contest for both George and myself. We both concurred that
it was fun, but we're still not sure exactly why it was fun. I guess we'll have
to do it again next year to figure that out.

I got to the station about 9am Saturday and found George trying to figure out
why radio 1 (we used the current SO2R setup) wouldn't decode anything. He left
me to figure it out around 10:30 and I had it fixed (although I have NO idea
how I did) about 11:30. Unfortunately, I broke the transmit side in the
process. Fortunately, the station was ready to go before the contest started.

We both learned a lot about the ins and outs of RTTY and had a good time with
what seemed like endless rate on the majority of the bands. 80, and especially
10, had pretty disappointing conditions.

George, NR5M & Colin, KU5B