[3830] ARRL 10 K6III M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jerry.bliss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K6III M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:31:12 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6III
Operator(s): K6III
Station: K6III

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   CW:    0     0
  SSB:  114    96
-------------------
Total:  114    96  Total Score = 21,888

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

All hunt-n-pounce.  I was hoping to finish off my 10m SSB W.A.S.  Started the
contest needing only UT.   Finished contest needing only UT!    Never saw UT
spotted.

I made a lot of spots as is my usual contribution to the NCCC (and others).

This year I was only going to work SSB and 1 Mult per QSO. But I goofed a few
times and in the end I had 18 dupe mults.  I worked a few of the deserving
KBers but mostly just kept the dial moving and the Spot key exercised.  Working
the XE states was novel for me. I logged 11 of them.

My final mult was ND about 15min before the end of the activity.  About 5
minutes before the ending gong sounded, a T88 was spotted... the pile up was
tremendouls. Only a few got thru.

61 sections and 35 DX are in the log and uploaded to LOTW.  Missed mostly the
close-in sections... AZ, WA, WY, NM, UT, MT, BC, AB, SK. On the other side of
the continent, I missed DC, DE, NU, NS & LB.  Don't know why NE was missed... I
hit all around it!  Well, that's 10-meters for ya.  I have other priorities on
Sunday morning and that is when I might have worked the East Coast had I been
around.  The band closed down for NA QSO's about 3:30pm here. I did manage to
add SD, ND and CO just before it closed.  Only hearing Asia DX and few SA after
then.

Merry Christmas to all.
de Jerry