[3830] ARRL 10 VE6TL SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE6TL SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:16:49 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   CW:  586    62
  SSB:  270    52
-------------------
Total:  856   114  Total Score = 328,776

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Wasn't planning on doing this contest, so only did a part-time effort.  Thought
I would only make a few Qs but before I knew it I had some really nice runs
going. Most of my effort was on Sunday afternoon as it was snowing here and not
much else to do.  Missed any openings to Europe or the Carribbean, or most
places, actually.  Still, I had fun and being unassisted, didn't worry about
making too many mults.  It was just a treat to hear 10m open from this
latitude.  I checked my last entry, which was from 2008, and only made 4000
points in that one!

The nice thing about 10m is that there is so much room to spread out and so
little QRN.  Too bad I had to wait so many years to hear it like this.

Jerry VE6TL

Rig - FTDX-5000MP
Amp - FL7000
Ant - TH6 tribander at 13m