[3830] CQWW CW KG1E SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alexjoz2@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KG1E SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:44:36 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KG1E
Operator(s): KG1E
Station: KG1E

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: MASS

  160:   12     6        8
   80:   54    11       35
   40:  280    20       77
   20:  374    31       93
   15:  363    30      103
   10:  328    26      100
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Went into this with nothing to lose as SSB is our main strength.
Our goal was to beat our previous all time high of 543,000 pts.Having lost
several antennas in the Halloween storm, these were replaced just in time for
the contest.With both our amps dead it was to be a Low Power operation.
Having discussed the merits and demerits of the Assisted category with others,
we decided to see how many points could be made running strictly S&P.

Conditions were not that great on 80 and 160 and our weak calls were not heard
in the noise by many stations. However 40 seemed pretty good when we tried it,
and we were amazed at the many stations that heard us in the bedlam on the
first call.The high bands opened nicely to all areas of the world but the
openings seemed to be of a shorter duration than in CQ WW SSB. Our country and

zone totals were not as good as they could have been due to the fact we just
couldn't break a lot of the huge pileups with our Force 12 C3 2 el tribander.

Every contact was S&P.
My conclusion is there is great merit in assisted operating.

Had a great time though competing and wish to thank all those fine operators
out there who dug out our weak signals. Season's Greetings to all...