[3830] CQWW CW W6RK(@W6YX) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, risto@kotalampi.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6RK(@W6YX) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:11:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6RK
Operator(s): W6RK
Station: W6YX

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Stanford, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:19

------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We originally tried to get multi op going but this weekend is always challenging
to get operators available so we went with single ops/single bands.

I "volunteered" for SOSB(A)/10 HP. There were many reasons for that...10m has
been hot, I needed to boost DXCC totals on 10m and last but not least I skipped
ARRL Sweepstakes this year and had unused contest vouchers with XYL (and they do
expire).

I didn't really know what to expect. The goal was keep the butt in the chair
all daylight hours and get as many DXCCs and QSOs in the log as possible.

It was a lot of fun... got 130 DXCCs... mostly new on this band, including one
all time new (#286, GU). What a difference a year makes for 10m. Couple of
weeks ago I had not even worked JA on this band. This contest was my very first
European on 10m...

73!

Risto, W6RK

Equipment:
Rig: Elecraft K3 & P3 (thanks Rebar N6DB!)
Amp: Alpha 9500 (thanks Dean N6DE!)
Antennas: Force12 C31XR at 60 ft, 5-el at 31 ft, 6-el at 75 ft
Software etc: WriteLog, VE7CC cluster with skimmer spots