[3830] SS SSB K4FTO SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4fto@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4FTO SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:20:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4FTO
Operator(s): K4FTO
Station: K4FTO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10 S&P

   10:    4

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: K3 + MFJ tuner w/N1MM logger & PC-XT
Antennas: Attic dipoles, 80m trap vertical
Tried to set up some audio file clips but they only got as far as the output of
the sound card but no luck getting the K3 to recognize the clip. (Setup has
worked fine for AFSK)  Macro was written as per the manual with clip in proper
format and subdirectory.  N1MM macro button muted the receiver but I had to hit
the escape button to return to the receive condition. Maybe I'll figure it out
for next ssb contest.
Missed SB, SC, PR, NLI, MT sections.  Heard all of them answering other CQs
except PR.  Assisted (U) mode was of help in tracking down the many W6 (9)
sections.  (Shouldn't Virginia have at least two sections? ie: NVA and SVA)