[3830] SS SSB KL2HD SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeffrey@alaska.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KL2HD SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:29:38 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KL2HD
Operator(s): KL2HD
Station: KL2HD

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Homer, AK

   40:    4
   20:    8

Fun.  Best contest to date by number of QSOs.  I was surprised I worked so many
sections.  Missed Maritime provinces, PR and a couple states (ID?!).  Not bad
though for a Low Power station. Lots of "Let me swing the beam around to you"
as I was hitting the sides of all those beams pointed east and west.  Grrr.

Issues with radio this contest and it needs to go in for repair:  ALC is not
adjustable and Po about 25 watts.  Able to switch to another radio, but it was
not hooked to the computer so that was awkward and slowed things down quite a
bit.

Several spots gave me a lot of QSOs on 10 and 15m, but they were as the bands
were dying  (and everyone had cleared out and could hear me Low Power).

Inlaws visiting this week and newborn baby needs kept me away more than I
wanted, but better showing than last year so that's progress.

73,
Jeff