[3830] CQWW SSB DL2CC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frank@grossmann.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB DL2CC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:10:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: DL2CC
Operator(s): DL2CC
Station: DL2CC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Scharenstetten

  160:   62     5       33
   80:  194    12       58
   40:  201    25       82
   20:  159    34      103
   15:  425    33      105
   10:  605    38      116
------------------------------

Yaesu FT5000 limited to 100W, SteppIR DB36 at 25m + Dipoles for 160/80.

First time low power from DL. Having been mainly on the other side of the pile
op for many years this was certainly a good training for me. A totally
different ballgame.

Unfortunately the second TRX didn't arrive on time from the repair shop - so
this was strictly a SO1R job.

It was just impossible to get a good rate on calling CQ most of the time, even
though lots of stations said I was so loud.

So what? why is that?

Two thoughts:
1. Imagine everyone would switch off their amplifier. I love QRO, OK? But just
imagine. My guess is that we'd all have more fun. The bands would be much
quieter, but in good conditions like these we'd have almost the same rates on
the high bands. I know, dream on...

2. First time as LP assisted as well, which helped having fun without an
amplifier quite a lot.
I noticed how many of the big multi/multi stations as well as M/S, M/2 and SO
Assisted do not spot any spots whatsoever.
That's a lot of taking without any giving.
Anyone using a cluster should contribute. Fair deal.

73 Frank DL2CC