[3830] CQWW SSB VE3FDT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3fdt@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3FDT SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:44:38 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3FDT
Operator(s): VE3FDT
Station: VE3FDT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Brampton, ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  106     3        4
   80:  133    12       20
   40:  111    19       57
   20:  232    26       73
   15:  375    21       66
   10:  463    28       84
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Jupiter
Antennas: 5 band hexbeam @ 40ft & DX-LB+ short dipole @ 25 ft
Software: N1MM

6 years ago, when I came back to this great hobby after 25+ years of a
"hiatus", I resolved to keep learning and improving. Every CQWW contest since
has been my "personal best"; this year is no different. (Well, CQWW CW is still
to come...) And despite the very high cost in time and effort of making "rare"
multipliers with my lowly set-up. However, I see a serious (unsurmountable?)
problem ahead: will the trend continue when the solar cycle is past its peak?
Hopefully, by that time I will have some decent antennas in place and will not
be startled by compliments like AD1C's and K9ZVZ's of being 59+ when I was
running on 10 meters: the problem being that my hexbeam was pointing to Europe
at the time...