[3830] IlQP AE8M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP AE8M Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:30:53 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 5 COUNTIES

  160:
   80:     31       20
   40:    121      108
   20:    108        1
------------------------
Total:    260      129  Mults = 86  Total Score = 55,814

This was a fun contest with perfect weather and decent propagation.  I am not
sure it could get much better.  Thanks to all who called with special thanks to
NS9I 7 Qs, N8II 7, W8TM 6, KV8Q 6, K9CT 6, and a host of others with 5 or less.
And of course, thanks to the sponsors who made all this fun possible and also to
the poor souls who now have to compile all the results.

As the results show, 20M was good for me. The DX stations gave my score a good
boost.  I also had some surprisingly good runs on 40M SSB.  I tried 20M SSB
several times but always got run off the frequency.  I stayed on 40 and 20
until dark (basically the first 4 counties) without trying 80/75 because the
rates were good and it takes time to switch antennas.

I worked 47 counties, 34 states/provinces, 8 EU and 1 SA (thanks YV5OIE).  DX
accounted for 24 Qâ??s.  I park to operate and the actual operating time was 5
hours, 2 minutes with approximately 3 hours off the air while driving.  The
round-trip, home to home, covered 531 miles.  The mobile setup was a K3 and
hamsticks.

My apologies to the few stations that I just could not pull out of the noise,
even utilizing my QRP skills.  I am sure N8XX was in there somewhere, but I
could not dig him out.  At the other end of the S-meter, it seemed like
whenever I would start in a new county the loud signal of W8TM would be first
or second in the log, followed soon thereafter by NS9I and N8II.