[3830] PaQP NO3M Single Op CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP NO3M Single Op CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 20:47:38 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: NO3M
Operator(s): NO3M
Station: NO3M

Class: Single Op CW LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

---------------------------------------
Total:  815     0       0         0  Mults = 123  Total Score = 200,490

Score includes 200 pts for contact w/ bonus station K3SMT.

QSO total was exactly the same as last year, but up +1 mult overall.  However,
this was probably the best total counties I've been able to snag running CW
only, low power, 64/67.  Missed BRA, POT, SUL.  They're all in the same
proximity; need to infuse some CW ops in that direction!  The only county out
of those that I missed last year was POT, so in terms of CW only, I think POT
is the rare one.

Special thanks to the mobiles, rovers, and portable stations, there were
several counties where they were the only contacts.

I did things a bit different this year and had three audio streams running in
the headphones so I could run on two bands while still tracking all the mobiles
and rovers, which I didn't do last year and missed several counties.  The first
day is basically a brute-force effort, run as much as possible and keep the
rate up, especially on 80/160 during dark hours.  Sunday slows down enough that
the only way to keep a QSO total up is to QSY everybody around.  I probably
ended up with nearly 50-60 extra QSOs by moving people all over the place and
moving the rounds w/ K8MR in nearby counties.  Nearly all moves to 15M worked,
about half to 10M.

80/160 numbers ended up much lower than I had hoped.  On 160, I had half the
QSOs there compared to last year.  Wish more folks got down to 160, my favorite
place to be.  Noise was tolerable, even with the temporary short beverages
(large arrays are down at the moment).

Great weekend and a lot of fun.  Thanks for all the QSOs, moves, repeats, etc!

73 - Eric NO3M