[3830] CaQP N1CC SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N1CC SOFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:44:02 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

  160:    0      0
   80:    8      8
   40:   34     20
   20:   75    140
   15:   93    243
   10:   15     83
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

FT-990 100W Force 12 C3 @ 40', 80/40 Inverted Vee Apex 40' MFJ Noise Canceller
WriteLog 10.88b

Good Activity with better 10M conditons to W6 on Saturday, not that good on
Sunday.  Lot of one-way skip where my 100W signal was strong in California,
however stations in CA coming in weak here on 15M.

Noise situation helped by the MFJ Noise Cancel, however, the noise isn't going
to get better here until we have "rain" to wash off the insulators for miles
arouond.  The drought has brought noise levels up significantly.

I never heard Merced.  I listed on 40/80 looking for them Saturday Night and
Sunday morning, I missed them if they ever went to 20 or above Sunday.

Evenly split S&P and running, with rate averages of 60 QPH running typical.  As
if not enough stations to sustain better.

My first CQP was back in the 70's ... this is the best low-power performance
that I have had (Previous was 83K) with eleven earlier years in the "Wine" in
the top 20.  From #'s heard in the contest I am way off the mark for the top
20, however, this was a great contest!