[3830] CQ WW RTTY IC8TEM SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cococosti@interfree.it
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY IC8TEM SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 06:22:11 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IC8TEM
Operator(s): IC8TEM
Station: IC8TEM

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: JN70CN EU031 - Capri

   20: 1017  2290      42      82    26
Total: 1017  2290      42      82    26  Total Score = 343,500

Another WW RTTY has passed and I am still happy!!!
Finally I have increased the operations hours and the time in running mode...
I am aware that I can stay in running mode and have many qso with European
stations and less qso with DX stations, but in this weekend the propagation was
ok also in 20m. I have read many spots in 10m, but I decided to run only 20m
because I need to do a comparison with last year's operations, concerning
basically about the strategy and the my skill level.
Sometimes a bit of luck helped me to have good runs with DX stations (many of
them new multipliers for me).
When I heard Ed W0YK from Aruba in 10m and 15m on Friday morning, I was happy
because I could have a possibility to have Aruba also in 20m (last winter I had
two qso in 40m and 80m rtty with him).
A big surprise was FO5QB on saturday morning, followed by ZL3GA and some other
from AS and OC.
On sunday afternoon/evening the surprises were not finished, because 2x HL and
ZM2A (aka ZL2AMI) called me...

Surely I cannot say that it's all about the antenna, but antenna + skill
improvments + good propagation make possible this big result.
Last year I had only 560 qso and a half points... So, I will come back to shack
only for WAE RTTY or CQWW CW.

Some words about the numbers: my first goal was to have 40 qso per hour. I have
mantained this rate only during first day, because on Sunday many people were in
running mode: I have also done several running times, but my rate was lower. The
number of DXCC and zones has increased, because usually I don't have qsos with
ZL, FO, VU, 9M2, P4, JW, OX and some other.. I don't know if 40 qso per hour
can be a good rate, but it's my maximum (I will work for doing better), because
I see that many stations repeat also my call when answering and when passing
report. Obviously, some stations were not agree about this message: " XX0XX 599
15 15 XX0XX K", but for increasing rate, I need to do qsos in a quickly way. If
someone in Europe complains that the average points of the contest is 2.10 or
2.20 per qso, maybe he don't remember that a qso between two USA stations
counts only one point.. So, for me is ok to have 2.15 points per qso!!!!

Now, I want to thank all the people who called me and who have spotted me on
cluster. I remember that I answer QSL via direct (also via bureau, but it takes
some months because of troubles with local bureau) in less time. Also is
possible to send a mail to cococosti@alice.it for just request QSL without send
yours.

Hope to do better in future.
Best 73 es gl.