[3830] All Asian SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 14:38:48 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WWA

   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:  173    85
   15:   97    44
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  270   129  Total Score = 34,380

As NK7U and VE7CC commented, 15m was good for the first hour of the contest,
then took a major shift.  As I tuned around, I heard very loud mid-west and
east coast stations working JAs I couldn't hear - very unusual and frustrating,
as NK7U mentioned.  Most of the JAs I worked were pretty weak, which was another
bad sign.

20m was pretty good over the pole and to JA Friday evening.  However, I could
tell a disturbance was hitting as signals from UA9 became fluttery.  Generally
speaking, that's not a good sign for propagation.  Consequently, Saturday
afternoon/evening and Sunday were terrible.  Signals were down significantly,
except for a few big guns.

We had company this weekend, so I didn't stick around for 40m and 80m.  Looking
at some of the scores, maybe I should have.

After hearing strong EUs for hours on end all week on 15m with a rising SFI, I
admit being disappointed propagation to Asia was so poor for this contest.
Maybe things will improve as we get closer to fall.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

73 de Mitch, K7RL