[3830] All Asian SSB VE7CC(@VE7SV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7cc@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB VE7CC(@VE7SV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 01:25:17 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7CC
Operator(s): VE7CC
Station: VE7SV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

   80:   59    31
   40:  481   108
   20:  284   111
   15:  129    56
Total:  953   306  Total Score = 309,672

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

I was very surprised at how poor the high bands were.  10 was dead, as usual.

Like NK7U I could barely hear some JAs on 15 and could not work them.  However,
the east coast was working them like crazy.  I started on 15 and managed 123
contacts before the band went dead.  The next afternoon I worked an additional
6 JAs on 15.  And that was it for 15 meters.

20 was a bit better, but not great.  On Sunday after sunrise, in 10 hours I
made one contact on 20 and none on 15.  I could only hear a handful of stations
and I had already worked almost all of them.

40 and 80 were good but lots of static crashes.

I was really pleased to work 11 year old JR2GRU on 4 bands.  He was doing a
great job running pileups.  You can see his picture when you look him up at
qrz.com.  He wasn't the youngest I worked.  I also contacted a 10 year old JA
on 40 meters.