[3830] CWopsT K4RO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4RO HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:12:09 -0700
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Aug 11

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 0:44
Radios: SO2R

   80:  20      1
   40:  39     20
   20:  31     31
-------------------
Total:  90     52  Total Score = 4,680

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Thought I was already to go for the start, until I re-booted the computer at
0250z. I'd forgotten that a Microsoft update was still installing, and it took
25 minutes to re-boot after installing 9 updates. First QSO was with K6RB at
0316.

After that, it was off to the races. Good conditions to EU on 20 and 40, but 80
was pretty rough. Having unique calls as mults discourages multi-band
operation.
That may be why 80M was so empty. Worked several west coast stations on 80,
but
they were all quite weak. Had a few software fumbles - thanks for the patience.

I had the wrong function keys loaded, and so sent mostly by hand. Tried to use
the keys occasionally, and usually hit the wrong one. :-)

Sorry to miss the CW Open. Would love to operate it, but will be at the
Huntsville Hamfest that day. Y'all have fun.

73, Kirk K4RO