[3830] NAQP CW K5AF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5AF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:09:03 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6.1
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2     1
   80:   78    32
   40:  129    43
   20:  165    48
   15:   31    18
Total:  405   142  Total Score = 58,546

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This is the most serious contest effort in a couple of years, and I was a bit
rusty.  Bands seemed spotty from South Texas, and QRN levels were high.

80M seemed really tough for S&P, but amazingly I had my best sustained run on
that band.  I think when QRN levels are high, we seem to seek out the stronger
signals and not attempt to run as much.  I was astonished by a small cluster of
callers that answered my first CQ, and the others that followed.  I will
definitely attempt to run more on the low bands in future August NAQPs.

Equipment worked well considering how little it has been used lately.  I had
one issue with my second K3.  When I turned it on, it basically froze, no
keying, no audio, no controls working, displays maxed out.  I recycled the
power and everything came up as normal.  Don't know what caused it?  I guess I
am tough on the controls, as the little RF gain control literally crumbled in
my hand about half-way through the contest.

Thanks to all for a lot of fun, see you in the next one in 2012!

Paul, K5AF