[3830] CQWW VHF K1LT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K1LT SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:57:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EM89ps

    6:  78     34
    2:  10      7
-------------------
Total:  88     41  Total Score = 4,018

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I was spoiled by the great 6 meter conditions of the ARRL June VHF QSO
Party.  At least the band opened somewhat near the end of the contest.
I didn't work anything more than 3 grids away until the last 3 hours.

Even when the band did open, the opening was fairly specific: Florida
and the Western Caribbean, except for a smattering of west coast
grids: DM03, DM04, DM13, and somewhat later, CM87.

During the last hour, the opening spread slightly to include EL49 and
EM50.  Also, I started hearing the Canadian Maritimes and some East
Coast stations, but not enough to allow contacts.

Equipment: K3 and a 3 element yagi with a 3:1 SWR at 70 feet.