[3830] ARRLDX SSB GM3PPG(G4BYB) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB GM3PPG(G4BYB) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:28:50 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: GM3PPG
Operator(s): G4BYB
Station: GM3PPG

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: North Uist
Operating Time (hrs): 21.75

   80:  970    57
Total:  970    57  Total Score = 165,870

Another enjoyable ARRL contest.  Conditions on 80m for me (lat. 57.6 deg. N)not
as good as last two years.  First night was noisy with paths to the far West
and North difficult with no W7 area heard or worked.  Remnants of auroral
activity evident.  Condx. better on the second night with leass absorbtion.
Lucky to catch the opening to W7 at my sunrise - signals quite weak.
Missed out on ND and the "usual" difficult/rare VE provinces!  Used a 6-square
again, but with more radials on each vertical this year.  Lost all the masts in
storms over Christmas so took the opportunity to replace the galvanised fittings
when fixing everything.  Planning for next year already.......
Thanks as ever to all the callers,  73,  Rick