[3830] TBDC KR2Q Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KR2Q Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:49:49 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NNJ FN20ru
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 108  Total Score = 1

No idea what my score is.

Fell asleep just before midnight local time (bad).  Woke up just before
sunrise, local time (also bad).  Missed most of the operating hours of
darkness...oh well, guess I was tired.

Worked 50 grids.  Glad to have worked a 2x qrp to a very western K0.  Took him
many tries to get my call (he was Q5 and well above the noise here, clearly not
reciprocal).

Speaking of noise, band seemed rather noisy here and not much activity, at
least while I was awake.

Many guys who I always work on one call just could not hear me this time out.
Heard a nice number of EU and K7CA was nice and loud from the far south.  But I
didn't work any DX outside of several Canadians...and even they were often a
struggle.

Elecraft K3/10
1/2 wire: center around 45 feet, ends around 6 feet up.

de Doug KR2Q