[3830] RAC Winter N2WN SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter N2WN SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 07:30:21 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Grainger Co, Tn
Operating Time (hrs): 14:45

  160:   15      3       5         1
   80:   50     17       8         4
   40:   79     19       8         7
   20:   55     52       9        11
   15:   20     23       8         8
Total:  219    114      38        31  Total Score = 204,102

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Went into this hoping to match or just beat last years score... it didn't start
out well, junior space cadet thought it started at 1200Z for some strange
reason. Was checking the contests for next weekend and noticed I had already
missed the start. Bummer! When I got on, the serial numbers I was hearing were
outstanding, catch-up didn't seem like an option. Maybe it was, maybe it
wasn't...

Managed to make a few runs work and the multiplier count wasn't bad, but threw
in the towel when I wasn't even getting a dittydadahditty from reliable
Ontario, and nada from the Western Provinces Friday night. Got up early
Saturday and went to work.

Seems like I worked more Canadians this year, VE6RAC seemed like they were
always workable. Many new calls in the log which is always nice. Heard VE8
several times, on 80 and 20, but wasn't able to catch up or, when I did, break
the pileup... until near the very end of the contest, that was sweet!

Tried 10 a number of times, but it never opened here. 15 was good, but could
have used a few more folks. 40 was pretty amazing, worked a number of DX
stations. Think best ears would go to RW2F. While hunting on 80 Saturday
morning, I heard my first ever JA on RTTY, sadly he didn't hear my QRP signal
hihi

Thanks to all for a fun contest and Best wishes for the Holidays and for a
better 2011!

72,
Julius
n2wn

On cw there were a few "MC", "MX" and "HNY", on phone everyone was passing out
holiday cheer. Thanks folks it was appreciated and reciprocated.